Skip to main content

Yummm!

This is just one of those, plain as the nose on your face ideas that after you try it you wonder why haven't I ever thought to do this before?! But tonight, after wanting blueberry muffins for two or three days, I decided to make some to have with some coffee, only to find I had no blueberries! Fresh, frozen, canned, or other wise! What I did have was a just add water Betty Crocker blueberry muffin mix with artificial blueberries in a bag! So, I thought what do I have that can make these better? I came across a can of blackberry pie filling in the pantry and thought, would this be good?! I had to decide whether to stir it in with the mix, or to add a dollop in the center of the muffins? I decided to add a dollop in between two layers of the prepared batter. I didn't have to add any sugar because the pie filling is sweet a plenty. I just baked them according to the package directions and out came muffins fit to eat! YUM!
Of course, now I have to try them home made with different fruits! Give it a try!
Warm Wishes!
Julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Nut Butter to a Higher Level...

Quite some time ago, about two years or more, after a few scares with the peanut factories in the news, I was forced to find alternative to my beloved peanut butter! And even though I didn't consume peanut butter on a weekly basis, it was always like an old friend always ready to pair up with a fresh pot of vegetable soup, or a mid day hunger crisis. When I noticed the flavor of my long time peanut butter brand had changed for the worse, I began seeking out other brands to take it's place, from old time faves to new promising brands, nothing seemed to taste like a fresh ground peanut anymore so I began to look at other nut alternatives which led me to delicious almond butter! Now I have always favored the crunchy pb&j over the smooth, so the slightly crunchiness of this new butter was not offensive to me at all. So, I began to use almond butter for my occasional pb&j fix. Well, then there was also something else new on the market! They called it Nutella! Of course being...

Awesome, Delicious, Maple Brussel Sprouts. Amazing!

Yummm-i-licious! I think best describes this savory, sweet side dish of _________? Well I'll tell you what, you try this and then give me one word that you think describes it! I have always liked brussel sprouts even as a kid, cooked in salted water with butter from the freezer case but it has only been about a couple months since I bought and prepared my very first "fresh", never frozen, brussel sprouts! I could not believe the difference! Oh my yumminess! Sooo much better! So for those who may not be big on brussels, they have a deep pungient flavor. The kind of flavor that needs a little sweetness added to, kind of like collards. So, I began experimenting. I made my first batch and they were really good. On my next batch I thought I would add in some cauliflower since I do like cooked cauliflower, but that was a real mistake. I added this took away that and Long story short I ended up with what I think is a perfectly imperfect BS concoction! Below is the recipe for you...

My Second Home Made Seasoning Venture...

Sloppy Joes! Yep! I had almost lost the desire to eat sloppy joe's as I knew them, but tonight?! Oh me, oh my! So much better when all of the ingredients in our food is fresh! So much better. Makes you look foward to actually eating what you cook! So... I started out with almost 2 pounds of ground chuck seasoned with a liberal amount of greek seasoning and black ground pepper. Add to that 3/4 of a white onion and 3/4 of a red bell pepper chopped. When the hamburger is partially browned, I added 4 chopped cloves of fresh garlic to the mix. Now, you have to let this all cook well together before adding the rest of the good stuff which includes, Worcheshire sauce, mustard, ketchup and brown sugar. I must admit, I had the tomato paste on stand by just in case I did not like the sharpness of the ketchup. But, to my pleasant surprise, when it was all simmered down, it was very good as it was. No tomato paste needed! I toasted up the ciabatta rolls on the griddle with butter and a little ...