Skip to main content

Julie's Delicious Brunch Concoction

So, I was in the middle of window shopping, online of course, when my tummy told my head it was hungry. I hadn't eaten any breakfast so, naturally for me, my thoughts went to eggs because I do luv eggs almost any way you can prepare them as long as they are cooked completely. The thought then came to me that rice and eggs would be a scrumptious choice, but I did not want to take the time for the rice to cook! So! I got this, what I now think, is a brilliant idea! I had recently restocked my freezer with a yummy rice and broccoli mixed with a cheese sauce by the jolly green guy himself so I got the idea to make my usually bland rice and egg concoction with this instead! 
Now do understand, rice, broccoli, eggs, and cheese are my favorite foods in their food groups.
I decided to first cook the broccoli and rice mixture as directed on the package because of the cheese sauce. I then whipped two large eggs with salt and pepper in a seep rate bowl. I heated about two tablespoons of butter in my skillet. I then added the broccoli and rice and over that I poured my egg mixture. With a fork, I incorporated it all together and let it cook until the egg was as done as I like it. The result was delicious! So delicious in fact that I wanted to share it with all of you! 
The texture was a bit creamy but not at all soggy, and the broccoli added such a gratifying flavor and texture. Perhaps next time I make this I may incorporate bell pepper or maybe onion. But I thought it was amazing just the way it was.
So next time you find yourself starving and it is between breakfast and lunch, give this little dish a try.
Create Beautiful Things,
Julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Nut Butter to a Higher Level...

Quite some time ago, about two years or more, after a few scares with the peanut factories in the news, I was forced to find alternative to my beloved peanut butter! And even though I didn't consume peanut butter on a weekly basis, it was always like an old friend always ready to pair up with a fresh pot of vegetable soup, or a mid day hunger crisis. When I noticed the flavor of my long time peanut butter brand had changed for the worse, I began seeking out other brands to take it's place, from old time faves to new promising brands, nothing seemed to taste like a fresh ground peanut anymore so I began to look at other nut alternatives which led me to delicious almond butter! Now I have always favored the crunchy pb&j over the smooth, so the slightly crunchiness of this new butter was not offensive to me at all. So, I began to use almond butter for my occasional pb&j fix. Well, then there was also something else new on the market! They called it Nutella! Of course being...

Awesome, Delicious, Maple Brussel Sprouts. Amazing!

Yummm-i-licious! I think best describes this savory, sweet side dish of _________? Well I'll tell you what, you try this and then give me one word that you think describes it! I have always liked brussel sprouts even as a kid, cooked in salted water with butter from the freezer case but it has only been about a couple months since I bought and prepared my very first "fresh", never frozen, brussel sprouts! I could not believe the difference! Oh my yumminess! Sooo much better! So for those who may not be big on brussels, they have a deep pungient flavor. The kind of flavor that needs a little sweetness added to, kind of like collards. So, I began experimenting. I made my first batch and they were really good. On my next batch I thought I would add in some cauliflower since I do like cooked cauliflower, but that was a real mistake. I added this took away that and Long story short I ended up with what I think is a perfectly imperfect BS concoction! Below is the recipe for you...

My Second Home Made Seasoning Venture...

Sloppy Joes! Yep! I had almost lost the desire to eat sloppy joe's as I knew them, but tonight?! Oh me, oh my! So much better when all of the ingredients in our food is fresh! So much better. Makes you look foward to actually eating what you cook! So... I started out with almost 2 pounds of ground chuck seasoned with a liberal amount of greek seasoning and black ground pepper. Add to that 3/4 of a white onion and 3/4 of a red bell pepper chopped. When the hamburger is partially browned, I added 4 chopped cloves of fresh garlic to the mix. Now, you have to let this all cook well together before adding the rest of the good stuff which includes, Worcheshire sauce, mustard, ketchup and brown sugar. I must admit, I had the tomato paste on stand by just in case I did not like the sharpness of the ketchup. But, to my pleasant surprise, when it was all simmered down, it was very good as it was. No tomato paste needed! I toasted up the ciabatta rolls on the griddle with butter and a little ...