Skip to main content

Pasta Venture Update...

I have actually slowed down just enough to pay attention just a bit to my blogs. So, I thought I'd try to update those interested on my last post on this blog about learning to make pasta! I had high, high hopes that we would have been completely moved in and more settled than we now are, but we are not. We still have more stuff to move and then I have to unpack it, set it up, etc. You know the rest!
On top of all of the moving trauma, my stove has just gotten hooked up to the gas! The vent hood is still not properly installed and I still do not have a backsplash to keep the grease and spattering off of the painted wall. So! Unfortunately my pasta making experience will have to wait a bit longer. Booooo! The holidays are approaching quickly so it looks like I am going to have to light a few fires under some folks!
How ever, in the mean time, if I happen to ever get my kitchen and pantry in working order so that I can focus on cooking once again, very soon I hope, I will be adding posts here to this blog.
So sorry for all the delay, but just imagine what it's like living through all of this!
Being an organized person is almost always looked upon with envy by those who are not so good at it, but for an organized person forced to live in an unorganized mess is a nightmare!!
Keep me in your thoughts!
Lots of love!
Create beautiful things!
Julie

Comments

Unknown said…
OK I think it is time that I come over and "Let's make PASTA"

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Nut Butter to a Higher Level...

Quite some time ago, about two years or more, after a few scares with the peanut factories in the news, I was forced to find alternative to my beloved peanut butter! And even though I didn't consume peanut butter on a weekly basis, it was always like an old friend always ready to pair up with a fresh pot of vegetable soup, or a mid day hunger crisis. When I noticed the flavor of my long time peanut butter brand had changed for the worse, I began seeking out other brands to take it's place, from old time faves to new promising brands, nothing seemed to taste like a fresh ground peanut anymore so I began to look at other nut alternatives which led me to delicious almond butter! Now I have always favored the crunchy pb&j over the smooth, so the slightly crunchiness of this new butter was not offensive to me at all. So, I began to use almond butter for my occasional pb&j fix. Well, then there was also something else new on the market! They called it Nutella! Of course being...

Awesome, Delicious, Maple Brussel Sprouts. Amazing!

Yummm-i-licious! I think best describes this savory, sweet side dish of _________? Well I'll tell you what, you try this and then give me one word that you think describes it! I have always liked brussel sprouts even as a kid, cooked in salted water with butter from the freezer case but it has only been about a couple months since I bought and prepared my very first "fresh", never frozen, brussel sprouts! I could not believe the difference! Oh my yumminess! Sooo much better! So for those who may not be big on brussels, they have a deep pungient flavor. The kind of flavor that needs a little sweetness added to, kind of like collards. So, I began experimenting. I made my first batch and they were really good. On my next batch I thought I would add in some cauliflower since I do like cooked cauliflower, but that was a real mistake. I added this took away that and Long story short I ended up with what I think is a perfectly imperfect BS concoction! Below is the recipe for you...

My Second Home Made Seasoning Venture...

Sloppy Joes! Yep! I had almost lost the desire to eat sloppy joe's as I knew them, but tonight?! Oh me, oh my! So much better when all of the ingredients in our food is fresh! So much better. Makes you look foward to actually eating what you cook! So... I started out with almost 2 pounds of ground chuck seasoned with a liberal amount of greek seasoning and black ground pepper. Add to that 3/4 of a white onion and 3/4 of a red bell pepper chopped. When the hamburger is partially browned, I added 4 chopped cloves of fresh garlic to the mix. Now, you have to let this all cook well together before adding the rest of the good stuff which includes, Worcheshire sauce, mustard, ketchup and brown sugar. I must admit, I had the tomato paste on stand by just in case I did not like the sharpness of the ketchup. But, to my pleasant surprise, when it was all simmered down, it was very good as it was. No tomato paste needed! I toasted up the ciabatta rolls on the griddle with butter and a little ...