Skip to main content

Out with the Old and In with the NEW!


Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! Yep! That is how I feel about this delicious side dish I created before the holidays arrived. I have always loved ____________, and while my sister and I were shopping at The Fresh Market, I came across something I had never seen! There in the produce section was the FRESH version of this delectable yumminess that I have always loved! I was amazed! I picked out two of them right away! I had an idea of how I would prepare them in a way I had never before. Once in a while I like to roast a pork loin so when I decided to roast this one, I decided to make my new found fresh version of my favorite root plant but I knew hubby would never eat it no matter how I prepared it, so I had to come up with something for him as well. (As per usual for my meat and potatoes man.) So, seeing that I was thinking of roasting these instead of my normal stove top method, I decided to add some of the wonderful sweet potatoes that I had purchased previously at the farmers market. After searching on google for inspiration, I found something similar to what I was looking for. I quickly went to Marth's web site to see if she could help me bring this concoction together. Of course she did and I put together my version of it for dinner that night! It was amazing! Hunny ate the sweet potatoes but I ate it all! It was so, so, yummy! I decided to make it for Christmas dinner. It was a smash hit! Everyone loved it! 
Can you guess what the other root vegetable is? I will post the recipe at a little later date. I did type it into my cook book app on my Ipad so I would always have it.
I will post the correct guess(es) at a little later date here on my food blog.
Hope everyone is off to a wonderful NEW YOU kind of NEW YEAR!
Hugz!
Julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Nut Butter to a Higher Level...

Quite some time ago, about two years or more, after a few scares with the peanut factories in the news, I was forced to find alternative to my beloved peanut butter! And even though I didn't consume peanut butter on a weekly basis, it was always like an old friend always ready to pair up with a fresh pot of vegetable soup, or a mid day hunger crisis. When I noticed the flavor of my long time peanut butter brand had changed for the worse, I began seeking out other brands to take it's place, from old time faves to new promising brands, nothing seemed to taste like a fresh ground peanut anymore so I began to look at other nut alternatives which led me to delicious almond butter! Now I have always favored the crunchy pb&j over the smooth, so the slightly crunchiness of this new butter was not offensive to me at all. So, I began to use almond butter for my occasional pb&j fix. Well, then there was also something else new on the market! They called it Nutella! Of course being...

Awesome, Delicious, Maple Brussel Sprouts. Amazing!

Yummm-i-licious! I think best describes this savory, sweet side dish of _________? Well I'll tell you what, you try this and then give me one word that you think describes it! I have always liked brussel sprouts even as a kid, cooked in salted water with butter from the freezer case but it has only been about a couple months since I bought and prepared my very first "fresh", never frozen, brussel sprouts! I could not believe the difference! Oh my yumminess! Sooo much better! So for those who may not be big on brussels, they have a deep pungient flavor. The kind of flavor that needs a little sweetness added to, kind of like collards. So, I began experimenting. I made my first batch and they were really good. On my next batch I thought I would add in some cauliflower since I do like cooked cauliflower, but that was a real mistake. I added this took away that and Long story short I ended up with what I think is a perfectly imperfect BS concoction! Below is the recipe for you...

My Second Home Made Seasoning Venture...

Sloppy Joes! Yep! I had almost lost the desire to eat sloppy joe's as I knew them, but tonight?! Oh me, oh my! So much better when all of the ingredients in our food is fresh! So much better. Makes you look foward to actually eating what you cook! So... I started out with almost 2 pounds of ground chuck seasoned with a liberal amount of greek seasoning and black ground pepper. Add to that 3/4 of a white onion and 3/4 of a red bell pepper chopped. When the hamburger is partially browned, I added 4 chopped cloves of fresh garlic to the mix. Now, you have to let this all cook well together before adding the rest of the good stuff which includes, Worcheshire sauce, mustard, ketchup and brown sugar. I must admit, I had the tomato paste on stand by just in case I did not like the sharpness of the ketchup. But, to my pleasant surprise, when it was all simmered down, it was very good as it was. No tomato paste needed! I toasted up the ciabatta rolls on the griddle with butter and a little ...