Skip to main content

A Warm Spring Supper

Dinner is finally in the oven to cook for about 45 minutes and I am finally getting to sit on the back porch on this totally warm evening. "Deep breath."
Tonight I have made barbecued country style pork ribs with a side of parsley and herb roasted potatoes. Smells delicious!
Before I put the ribs in the covered stoneware baker I seasoned them with greek seasoning and browned them on both sides in olive oil on the stove top. Then I put them in the covered stoneware baker and poured the juice from the pot over top of them. I sliced up a large, sweet onion and covered the ribs with them and then sprinkled on some 21 salute spice mix. 
I mixed up a concoction of two barbecue sauces, chili sauce, and a little chipolte spice and poured it over the top. I have it baking in a 385 degree oven.
For the potatoes:
I simply peeeled and quartered medium sized potatoes, washed and dried them and placed them in a size appropiate bowl. I drizzled olive oil all over them, added salt and pepper, and about a tablespoon of fresh parsley. I mixed it al up and poured it into a round baking dish uncovered to bake along side the ribs.
Hope everyone has had a gorgeous, warm day!
Hugz! 
Julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Awesome, Delicious, Maple Brussel Sprouts. Amazing!

Yummm-i-licious! I think best describes this savory, sweet side dish of _________? Well I'll tell you what, you try this and then give me one word that you think describes it! I have always liked brussel sprouts even as a kid, cooked in salted water with butter from the freezer case but it has only been about a couple months since I bought and prepared my very first "fresh", never frozen, brussel sprouts! I could not believe the difference! Oh my yumminess! Sooo much better! So for those who may not be big on brussels, they have a deep pungient flavor. The kind of flavor that needs a little sweetness added to, kind of like collards. So, I began experimenting. I made my first batch and they were really good. On my next batch I thought I would add in some cauliflower since I do like cooked cauliflower, but that was a real mistake. I added this took away that and Long story short I ended up with what I think is a perfectly imperfect BS concoction! Below is the recipe for you

Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies

A little recipe to cheer up your wintery days. I have been asked for and given this recipe many times. So just as it was shared with me, I am going to share it here with you. This recipe is simple, yet these cookies are so very yummy! **Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies** **Ingredients: 1/2 cup butter 3 tblsps. unsweetened cocoa powder 2-1/2 cups sugar 1/2 cup milk 1/2 cup peanut butter 1 tsp. pure vanilla 2 cups oatmeal **Preperation: This recipe is completely stirred by hand. Pre-measure all of the ingredients and set aside. Lay out a 24" piece of waxed paper onto a solid surface. **Directions Combine butter, sugar, cocoa, and milk in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a full boil then time it for exactly one minute at a full boil. Remove from heat and then add the vanilla and peanut butter. Lightly mix until just creamy, then stir in the oats. Using a tablespoon, drop cookies onto wax paper. Let cool. Store in an airtight