Skip to main content

New Found Chop THerapy and Fresh Herbs & Spices...


For the past two years I have been cooking more and more with fresh herbs instead of dried spices. Needless to say, it has taken my recipes to a whole new level and with so much more flava!! I have also found that I really, really enjoy chopping vegetables and herbs more than I imagined possible. I actually find chopping in the kitchen extremely therapeutic for me. Who would have thought?!
My spaghetti sauce, chili, soups, and even my stuffed bell peppers have been completely reformed. When ever I can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned. So much better. I have been watching the food channels almost daily on my Ipad while I am in the kitchen preparing for dinner. Not too long ago I made the best version of stroganoff I have ever eaten just by adding Italian Mascarpone to thicken the gravy rather than the traditional sour cream. No bragging just saying food education is a very good thing! Now, Italian cream cheese is sweeter and a bit milder than our major brand over here but it makes such a creamy, dreamy gravy. I cleaned my whole plate and still wanted more even though I was completely full! Y-U-M! Is all I can say.
Here are the ingredients I used to make it.
Essenhaus Wide Homestyle Noodles (at your local Wal-Mart)
Fresh ground beef
Large chopped Onion
Fresh minced Garlic 3 to 4 cloves
Fresh Chopped Parsley appx. 1/2 cup
Greek Seasoning
Fresh ground Black pepper
Brown Gravy to cover hamburger well
Italian Mascarpone Cream Cheese use in place of sour cream
I cooked my noodles al dente, I do not like them too soft and served the hamburger gravy over them instead of mixed all together. This is also better when reheating left overs so your noodles will not become too soft. And... since my husband will not eat stroganoff it allows him to just eat the hamburger and gravy over the noodles minus only the mascarpone.
Maybe next time I make this I will be able to give a more precise measurement of the ingredients. Until then, just compare the amounts to your normal hamburger and gravy recipes.
If you have any questions just ask.
Thanks for stopping by!
Eat Fresh, Live Long!
Julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Warm Spring Supper

Dinner is finally in the oven to cook for about 45 minutes and I am finally getting to sit on the back porch on this totally warm evening. "Deep breath." Tonight I have made barbecued country style pork ribs with a side of parsley and herb roasted potatoes. Smells delicious! Before I put the ribs in the covered stoneware baker I seasoned them with greek seasoning and browned them on both sides in olive oil on the stove top. Then I put them in the covered stoneware baker and poured the juice from the pot over top of them. I sliced up a large, sweet onion and covered the ribs with them and then sprinkled on some 21 salute spice mix.  I mixed up a concoction of two barbecue sauces, chili sauce, and a little chipolte spice and poured it over the top. I have it baking in a 385 degree oven. For the potatoes: I simply peeeled and quartered medium sized potatoes, washed and dried them and placed them in a size appropiate bowl. I drizzled olive oil all over them, added salt and pepper

Awesome, Delicious, Maple Brussel Sprouts. Amazing!

Yummm-i-licious! I think best describes this savory, sweet side dish of _________? Well I'll tell you what, you try this and then give me one word that you think describes it! I have always liked brussel sprouts even as a kid, cooked in salted water with butter from the freezer case but it has only been about a couple months since I bought and prepared my very first "fresh", never frozen, brussel sprouts! I could not believe the difference! Oh my yumminess! Sooo much better! So for those who may not be big on brussels, they have a deep pungient flavor. The kind of flavor that needs a little sweetness added to, kind of like collards. So, I began experimenting. I made my first batch and they were really good. On my next batch I thought I would add in some cauliflower since I do like cooked cauliflower, but that was a real mistake. I added this took away that and Long story short I ended up with what I think is a perfectly imperfect BS concoction! Below is the recipe for you

Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies

A little recipe to cheer up your wintery days. I have been asked for and given this recipe many times. So just as it was shared with me, I am going to share it here with you. This recipe is simple, yet these cookies are so very yummy! **Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies** **Ingredients: 1/2 cup butter 3 tblsps. unsweetened cocoa powder 2-1/2 cups sugar 1/2 cup milk 1/2 cup peanut butter 1 tsp. pure vanilla 2 cups oatmeal **Preperation: This recipe is completely stirred by hand. Pre-measure all of the ingredients and set aside. Lay out a 24" piece of waxed paper onto a solid surface. **Directions Combine butter, sugar, cocoa, and milk in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a full boil then time it for exactly one minute at a full boil. Remove from heat and then add the vanilla and peanut butter. Lightly mix until just creamy, then stir in the oats. Using a tablespoon, drop cookies onto wax paper. Let cool. Store in an airtight